Friday 16 November 2012

Album Advert Research

These are a few album adverts I have researched, I will take ideas and inspiration from these.










The first thing I have concluded from my research is that the vast majority of album advert feature the image of the album cover. The Florence and the machine, Kings of Leon, Marina and the diamonds, Two Door Cinema Club and Jessie J adverts all feature the same image as their cover.
I think it is smart to put the album cover on the advert because that is what you are trying to promote the sales of, is the consumer see's the album cover on the advert he or she knows what to look for on the shelves.

The Two Door Cinema Club has tour dates and then a bold sold out written over it, I think the reason why they have done this was to show how good their music and tour is. So it promotes the high quality of the tour and encourages people to buy their album and listen to their music. I think it is clever, but one disadvantage of this is that it takes up a large amount of space on the advert for a tour that you cant get tickets too.

All the adverts feature the album name and artist name on the advert, I think this is a key feature that I will also do on my advert. It is important to promotes the band's name as well as the album name.

I have found album adverts have a variety of written text on like tour dates, ratings or stars, release date, sons the album includes, website links, the debut album, and how to obtain the album. I should include some of these in my advert. I think the release date is key information that has to definitely be on there.

I like the marina and the diamonds advert the most, this is because of the imagery, it features the album cover image as well as an extended version of a different but similar picture on a larger scale as the background. I definitely find this advert more interesting then the ones with just the album cover like Kings of Leon and Florence. I do however like the arrangement of texts on the Kings of leon and Florence and the machine adverts the most, the artist name on the top the image underneath then the information underneath, I feel it attracts more users eyes by a big single bold artist name.

No comments:

Post a Comment